Head of a Negro
- Etching on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- 9 1/16 x 7 1/2 inches (23 x 19.1 cm) and 4 7/8 x 4 inches (12.4 x 10.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "2nd St. No. 14. | #17650. | Head of a negro"; lower right: "A. 5252H."; on back, lower left: "1.. (encircled)"
collector's stamp of Yale University Gallery of Fine Arts, in brown ink, on back, center right, in box: "YALE UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
Lettered in black ink, within image, upper right: "Paul Drury 1925"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Paul Drury (underlined) fec. et imp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of the Associates in Fine Arts
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- African | coat | genre subject | man | profile (figure)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Paul Drury, 1903–1987, British, Head of a Negro, 1925
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.