Head of a Steeplejack
- Additional Title(s):
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 11/16 x 6 5/16 inches (22 x 16 cm) and Plate: 4 3/16 x 3 9/16 inches (10.6 x 9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "No. 52. | #17651"; lower center: "Head of a Steeplejack"; lower right: "-A."; on back, lower left: "47 (encircled)"; on back, lower center: "The Steeplejack- | Plate destroyed March 1928"
collector's stamp of Yale University Gallery of Fine Arts, in brown ink, on back, center right, in box: "YALE UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "Paul Drury (underlined). '25. fec. et imp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, University Purchase
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coat | genre subject | hat | man | mustache | steeplejack
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Paul Drury, 1903–1987, British, Head of a Steeplejack, 1925
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.