Head of a Steeplejack
- Additional Title(s):
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 11/16 x 6 5/16 inches (22 x 16 cm) and Plate (to image): 4 3/16 x 3 9/16 inches (10.6 x 9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "No. 52. | #17651"; lower center: "Head of a Steeplejack"; lower right: "-A."; on back, lower left: "47 (encircled)"; on back, lower center: "The Steeplejack- | Plate destroyed March 1928"
collector's stamp of Yale University Gallery of Fine Arts, in brown ink, on back, center right, in box: "YALE UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "Paul Drury (underlined). '25. fec. et imp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, University Purchase
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coat | genre subject | hat | man | mustache | steeplejack
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Paul Drury, 1903–1987, British, Head of a Steeplejack, 1925
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.