Giovanni Battista Cipriani, Esqr. R. A.
- Additional Title(s):
Giovan Battista Cipriani, Esqr. R. A.
G. B. Cipriani
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 8 1/8 x 6 9/16 inches (20.6 x 16.7 cm) and Image (oval): 5 1/4 x 4 3/16 inches (13.4 x 10.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "xm/-"; on back, lower left: "a/- | a/- | Born 1755"; on back, lower center: "Eminent(?) Barrister(?) one of the original members of the | Royal Academy"
Lettered in black ink, along lower left border of oval image: "Rigaud, Pinxit."; along lower right border of oval image: "R. Earlom, Sculpsit."; lower center: "GIOVAN BATTISTA CIPRIANI, ESQr. R. A. | Publish'd Sept. 29h. 1789. by John & Josiah Boydell, Cheapside & at the Shakspeare Gallery, Pall Mall London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | costume | cravat | easel | frill | man | oval | paintbrushes | painting (visual work) | palette | portrait | ruffle
- Associated People:
- Cipriani, Giovanni Battista (1727–1785), decorative painter and draughtsman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, Giovanni Battista Cipriani, Esqr. R. A, 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.