- Mrs. Stables and Two Daughters, Harriet & Maria
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 23 1/8 × 17 3/4 inches (58.7 × 45.1 cm), Plate: 19 15/16 × 14 1/16 inches (50.6 × 35.7 cm), and Image: 17 11/16 × 13 15/16 inches (44.9 × 35.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "[Philsh] | No.6"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by G: Romney"; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by J.R.Smith"; lettered, lower center: "Mrs: Stables & two DAughters Harriet & maria | London Pub'd March 1st 1781 by J.R. Smith opposite the Pantheon Oxford Road."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, Mrs. Stables and Two Daughters, Harriet & Maria, 1781
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.