Cowdray Court from the Lodging House
- Line engraving and etching with hand coloring on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 9 15/16 x 14 5/16 inches (25.2 x 36.4 cm) and Image: 8 9/16 x 13 11/16 inches (21.7 x 34.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "-N | Px458 | 9 5/8 x 13 4/8"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "Cowdray court from the Lodging house, copied from a drawing done by Mr. Russel & corrected by F: Grose Esqr."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | battlements | castle | courtyard | figures | flags | fountain | manor house | paths | towers
- Associated Places:
- Cowdray House | England | Midhurst | United Kingdom | West Sussex
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Francis Grose, 1731–1791, British, Cowdray Court from the Lodging House, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.