Cowdray Court from the Lodging House
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving and etching with hand coloring on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 15/16 × 14 5/16 inches (25.2 × 36.4 cm), Image: 8 9/16 × 13 11/16 inches (21.7 × 34.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "-N | Px458 | 9 5/8 x 13 4/8"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "Cowdray court from the Lodging house, copied from a drawing done by Mr. Russel & corrected by F: Grose Esqr."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | battlements | castle | courtyard | figures | flags | fountain | manor house | paths | towers
- Associated Places:
- Cowdray House | England | Midhurst | United Kingdom | West Sussex
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Francis Grose, 1731–1791, British, Cowdray Court from the Lodging House, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.