Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Songs of Innocence and of Experience, Plate 38, "Holy Thursday" (Bentley 33), 1789 to 1794
Songs of Innocence and of Experience, Plate 38, "Holy Thursday" (Bentley 33)
- Part Of:
- 1789 to 1794
- Relief etching printed in dark-brown with pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 x 5 inches (18.1 x 12.7 cm), Plate: 4 1/2 x 2 7/8 inches (11.4 x 7.3 cm), and Spine: 7 3/8 inches (18.7 cm)
Inscribed in black ink upper right: "38"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- branches | children | dead | gown | leaf | literary theme | mother | mountain | nude | text | tree | vegetation | vines | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.