- between 1827 and 1836
- Engraving on thick, slightly textured beige wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 12 7/8 x 11 9/16 inches (32.7 x 29.3 cm), Plate: 4 15/16 x 3 3/16 inches (12.6 x 8.1 cm), and Image: 4 1/4 x 3 1/8 inches (10.8 x 7.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right of back: "WELBY SHERMAN: THE SHEPHERD | COLL. GEORGE RICHMOND"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | dark | dog (animal) | evening | figure study | flowers (plants) | genre subject | grasses | landscape | loincloth | long hair | melancholy | nude | rocks (landforms) | shepherd | shepherd's crook | staff | sun
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Engraved by Welby Sherman, active 1827, The Shepherd, between 1827 and 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.