Songs of Innocence and of Experience, Plate 40, "The Clod & the Pebble" (Bentley 32)
- Part Of:
- 1789 to 1794
- Relief etching printed in dark-brown with pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 x 5 inches (18.1 x 12.7 cm), Plate: 4 1/2 x 2 7/8 inches (11.4 x 7.3 cm), and Spine: 7 3/8 inches (18.7 cm)
Inscribed in black ink upper right: "40"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- branches | cattle | duck | leaf | literary theme | sheep | text | trees | vines | water
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Songs of Innocence and of Experience, Plate 40, "The Clod & the Pebble" (Bentley 32), 1789 to 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.