As You Like It: Act II, Scene VII: The Seven Ages Man (Third Age)
- Engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 20 1/4 x 26 3/4 inches (51.4 x 67.9 cm), 17 7/8 x 21 1/8 inches (45.4 x 53.7 cm), and 15 1/8 x 19 1/2 inches (38.4 x 49.5 cm)
lower left: "Painted by R. Smirke R.A."; lower right: "Engraved by R. Thew, | [?Hist.r] Engraver to H. R. H. the Prince of Wales."; lower center: "SHAKSPEARE. | As you like it | ACT II. SCENE VII. | The Seven Ages. | THIRD AGE. | Pubd June 4, 1801, by J. & J. BOYDELL, at the Shakspeare Gallery, Pall Mall; & No. 90, Cheapside, London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- As You Like It, play by William Shakespeare | balcony | bed | bow (costume accessory) | breeches | buttons | cape | chain | chairs | cherubs | collar | cuffs | curtains | feathers | fringe | hat | jacket | lace | leading | light | literary theme | lover | man | miniature | moldings | paintings | panelling | paper | pillow | play | quill | sheets | shirt | shoe | slippers | stockings | sword | table | tablecloth | torch | trees | windows | writing (processes) | youth
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Thew, 1758–1802, British, As You Like It: Act II, Scene VII: The Seven Ages Man (Third Age), 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.