As You Like It: Act II, Scene VII: The Seven Ages Man (Third Age)
- Engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 20 1/4 x 26 3/4 inches (51.4 x 67.9 cm), Plate: 17 7/8 x 21 1/8 inches (45.4 x 53.7 cm), and Image: 15 1/8 x 19 1/2 inches (38.4 x 49.5 cm)
lower left: "Painted by R. Smirke R.A."; lower right: "Engraved by R. Thew, | [?Hist.r] Engraver to H. R. H. the Prince of Wales."; lower center: "SHAKSPEARE. | As you like it | ACT II. SCENE VII. | The Seven Ages. | THIRD AGE. | Pubd June 4, 1801, by J. & J. BOYDELL, at the Shakspeare Gallery, Pall Mall; & No. 90, Cheapside, London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- As You Like It, play by William Shakespeare | balcony | bed | breeches | buttons | cape | chain | chairs | cherubs | collar | cuffs | curtains | feathers | fringe | hat | jacket | lace | leading | light | lover | man | miniature | moldings | paintings | panelling | paper | pillow | play | quill | sheets | shirt | shoe | slippers | stockings | sword | table | tablecloth | torch | trees | windows | writing (processes) | youth
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Thew, 1758–1802, British, As You Like It: Act II, Scene VII: The Seven Ages Man (Third Age), 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.