View with several Vessels lying close to the Shore
- Additional Title(s):
Liber Veritatis, No. 30
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint and etching printed in brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/16 x 16 15/16 inches (28.1 x 43 cm), Plate: 8 1/8 x 10 3/16 inches (20.7 x 25.8 cm), and Image: 7 9/16 x 10 3/16 inches (19.2 x 25.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center right: "Sea Port with vessels"
collector's stamp of Yale University Gallery of Fine Arts, in brown ink, on back, lower left, in box: "YALE UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
Lettered in brown-black ink, lower left: "Claude le Lorrain delint,, | No,, 30."; lower center: "Published April 25th. 1774 by John Boydell Engraver in Cheapside. | From the Original Drawing, in the Collection of the Duke of Devonshire."; lower right: "R. Earlom fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection; Gift of Theodore Sizer
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boats | cargo | castle | cliffs | flags | fort | genre subject | harbor | labor | landscape | marine art | masts | nets (objects) | sails | sea | seamen | seaport | ships | working
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, View with several Vessels lying close to the Shore, 1774
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.