A Landscape, with the Story of Apollo and Marsyas
- Additional Title(s):
Liber Veritatis, No. 95
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint and etching, printed in brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 7/8 x 16 5/8 inches (27.6 x 42.2 cm), Plate: 8 1/8 x 10 1/4 inches (20.6 x 26.1 cm), and Image: 7 7/16 x 10 3/16 inches (18.9 x 25.9 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Claude le Lorrain delint,, | No,, 95."; lower center: "Published May 1st. 1775 by John Boydell Engraver in Cheapside. | From the Original Drawing, in the Collection of the Duke of Devonshire."; lower right: "R. Earlom fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- (story of) Marsyas - death | bulls | cattle | cliffs | contest | cows | death | landscape | mountains | nailing | punishing | punishment of Marsyas: he is flayed by Apollo | river | skinning | torture | torturing | trees
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, A Landscape, with the Story of Apollo and Marsyas, 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.