- A Study
- Mezzotint and etching in brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 9/16 x 16 9/16 inches (26.8 x 42.1 cm), Plate: 9 3/8 x 13 inches (23.8 x 33 cm), and Image: 7 11/16 x 11 3/4 inches (19.5 x 29.9 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Claude Lorraine delin | 86"; lower center: "Pub May 1 1817 by Boydell & Co N 90 Cheapside London | From the Original Drawing in the Collection of the Duke of Devonshire."; lower right: "R Earlom Sculpt"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | castle | cliffs | coastline | fortress | landscape | mountains | sailboats | sea | shore (landform) | towers (building divisions) | towns | trees | villages | water mill
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, A Study, 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.