IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, A Study, 1817
- Additional Title(s):
Landscape with View of the Shoreline and a Hilltop Fortress
Liber Veritatis Volume III, No. 86
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint and etching in brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 9/16 x 16 9/16 inches (26.8 x 42.1 cm), Plate: 9 3/8 x 13 inches (23.8 x 33 cm), Image: 7 11/16 x 11 3/4 inches (19.5 x 29.9 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Claude Lorraine delin | 86"; lower center: "Pub May 1 1817 by Boydell & Co N 90 Cheapside London | From the Original Drawing in the Collection of the Duke of Devonshire."; lower right: "R Earlom Sculpt"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | castle | cliffs | coastline | fortress | landscape | mountains | sailboats | sea | shore (landform) | towers (building divisions) | towns | trees | villages | water mill
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.