- A Landscape
- Mezzotint and etching in brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 13/16 x 16 9/16 inches (27.4 x 42.1 cm), Plate: 8 7/16 x 10 11/16 inches (21.4 x 27.1 cm), and Image: 7 3/16 x 9 3/4 inches (18.3 x 24.8 cm)
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "Claude"; lower left: "Claude Lorraine delt. | No 98"; lower center: "Pub. May 2, 1817. by Boydell & Co. No 90 Cheapside, London. | From the Original Drawing in the Collection of the Duke of Devonshire."; lower right: "R. Earlom Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ancient history | animals | birds | cattle | chitons | costume | couple | cows | genre subject | goats | grazing | herd | hills | landscape | man | mountains | river | sheep | shepherd | shepherd's crook | stola | tower (building division) | trees | tunic | walking | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, A Landscape, 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.