A Landscape with Cattle
- Part Of:
- Etching (proof) on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 11 x 16 inches (27.9 x 40.6 cm), Plate: 8 1/16 x 10 1/8 inches (20.5 x 25.7 cm), and Image: 7 5/16 x 10 1/8 inches (18.6 x 25.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center left: "156 | 57"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Claude le Lorrain delin."; lower center: "Published May 1t 1775 by John Boydell Engraver in Cheapside"; lower right: "R. Earlom Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | castle | cattle | cliffs | flute (aerophone) | fort | genre subject | hills | landscape | leisure | men | music | musical instrument | nomads | pastoral | river | shepherds | staffs (walking sticks) | stolas | togas | town | travel | travelers | trees | village | walking | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, A Landscape with Cattle, 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.