A Landscape with Cattle
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching (proof) on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 11 x 16 inches (27.9 x 40.6 cm), Plate: 8 1/16 x 10 1/8 inches (20.5 x 25.7 cm), Image: 7 5/16 x 10 1/8 inches (18.6 x 25.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center left: "156 | 57"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Claude le Lorrain delin."; lower center: "Published May 1t 1775 by John Boydell Engraver in Cheapside"; lower right: "R. Earlom Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animals | bridge (built work) | castle | cattle | cliffs | flute (aerophone) | fort | genre subject | goats | hills | landscape | leisure | men | music | musical instrument | nomads | pastoral | resting | river | shepherds | staffs (walking sticks) | stolas | togas | town | travel | travelers | trees | village | walking | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, A Landscape with Cattle, 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.