- Additional Title(s):
- Mezzotint in colored ink on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 3/16 x 13 5/16 inches (41.1 x 33.8 cm), Plate: 12 7/8 x 10 1/4 inches (32.7 x 26 cm), and Image: 11 x 8 9/16 inches (28 x 21.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "21126."; lower right: two lines of illegible inscriptions; on back, lower left to lower center: "Madame Recamier color aquatint by S. Arlent Edwards after F. Gerard"; on back, lower right: "[...] Yale [...] Girl"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Yale Stevens from her Father's (Richard V, Sharpe, B.S. 1873) Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- curls | gown | hairpiece | nobility | oval | portrait | sofa | woman
- Associated People:
- Récamier, Juliette (1777–1849), French society leader
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Arlent Edwards, 1861–1938, British, active in the United States (1890–1910), Juliette Récamier, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.