Albert, Archduke of Austria
- between 1616 and 1621
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 x 5 7/16 inches (19.1 x 13.8 cm), Plate: 7 3/16 x 4 1/2 inches (18.2 x 11.5 cm), and Image: 5 11/16 x 4 5/16 inches (14.5 x 11 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "4"
Lettered in black ink, within image, in frame surrounding portrait: "SERENISS : PR : ALBERTUS D : G : AVS : ARCHIDUX, BURGUN : D : PR BELGARUM."; lower left: "Are to be Sold by Compton Holland over | against the Exchange."; lower center: "The pourtraicture of the most Illustrious | Prince Albert Archduke of Austria; Duke | of Burgundie; and Prince of Belgia."; lower right: "R: Elstrack Sculp:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection, Everett V. Meeks, B.A. 1901, Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | cartouche | coat of arms | costume | crest | crown | doublet | embroidery | livery collar | man | mustache | oval | portrait | ruff | shield
- Associated People:
- Archduke Albert VII of Austria (1559–1621), sovereign of the Habsburg Netherlands
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Renold Elstrack, 1570–1625(?), British, Albert, Archduke of Austria, between 1616 and 1621
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.