Albert, Archduke of Austria
- between 1616 and 1621
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 x 5 7/16 inches (19.1 x 13.8 cm), Plate: 7 3/16 x 4 1/2 inches (18.2 x 11.5 cm), and Image: 5 11/16 x 4 5/16 inches (14.5 x 11 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "4"
Lettered in black ink, within image, in frame surrounding portrait: "SERENISS : PR : ALBERTUS D : G : AVS : ARCHIDUX, BURGUN : D : PR BELGARUM."; lower left: "Are to be Sold by Compton Holland over | against the Exchange."; lower center: "The pourtraicture of the most Illustrious | Prince Albert Archduke of Austria; Duke | of Burgundie; and Prince of Belgia."; lower right: "R: Elstrack Sculp:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection, Everett V. Meeks, B.A. 1901, Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | cartouche | coat of arms | costume | crest | crown | doublet | embroidery | livery collar | man | mustache | oval | portrait | ruff | shield
- Associated People:
- Archduke Albert VII of Austria (1559–1621), sovereign of the Habsburg Netherlands
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Renold Elstrack, 1570–1625(?), British, Albert, Archduke of Austria, between 1616 and 1621
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.