Isabella Clara Eugenia, Infanta of Spain
- between 1616 and 1621
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 7 9/16 x 5 1/2 inches (19.2 x 14 cm), Plate: 7 3/16 x 4 5/8 inches (18.3 x 11.8 cm), Image: 5 11/16 x 4 1/2 inches (14.4 x 11.4 cm)
Lettered in black ink, within image, in frame surrounding portrait: "SERENISSIMA ISABELLA CLARA EUGENIA INFANTA HISPANIARUM. etc."; lower left: "Are to be Illustrious | Isabella Clara Eugenia Infanta of Spain, | Duchesse of Austria and Burgundie: | And Princesse of Belgia &c."; lower right: "R E Sculpsit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection, Everett V. Meeks, B.A. 1901, Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cartouche | coat of arms | crest | crown | curls | embroidery | flowers (plants) | hairpiece | jewels | nobility | oval | pendant | portrait | reticella | ruff | shield | woman
- Associated People:
- Isabella Clara Eugenia of Austria (1566–1633), sovereign of the Spanish Netherlands in the Low Countries and the north of modern France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Renold Elstrack, 1570–1625(?), British, Isabella Clara Eugenia, Infanta of Spain, between 1616 and 1621
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.