IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Arthur Evershed, 1836–1919, On the Banks of the Thames, 1876
On the Banks of the Thames
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/16 x 10 13/16 inches (17.9 x 27.5 cm), Plate: 7 1/16 x 8 3/4 inches (18 x 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "438-14"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "GAZETTE DES BEAUX-ARTS."; within image, lower center: "PRINTED BY DELATRE, LONDON."; within image, lower right: "On the Banks of the Thames. | Arthur Evershed 1876."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | flag | genre subject | houses | labor | river | stairs | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.