- On the Banks of the Thames
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/16 x 10 13/16 inches (17.9 x 27.5 cm) and Plate: 7 1/16 x 8 3/4 inches (18 x 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "438-14"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "GAZETTE DES BEAUX-ARTS."; within image, lower center: "PRINTED BY DELATRE, LONDON."; within image, lower right: "On the Banks of the Thames. | Arthur Evershed 1876."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | flag | genre subject | houses | labor | river | stairs | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Arthur Evershed, 1836–1919, On the Banks of the Thames, 1876
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.