Sir Thomas Fairfax
- ca. 1646
- Etching on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 × 7 9/16 inches (28.2 × 19.2 cm) and Image: 8 1/16 × 6 9/16 inches (20.4 × 16.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "a51352"
Marked in orange ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: "Yale University Gallery of Fine Arts"; in black ink, lower left, collector's stamp: "JY" (John Young)
Lettered, lower center: "The Pourtraicture of his Excellency S,,r Thomas | Farfax Generall of all the English forces for | the Service of Y:e two houses of Parliament. | Guil: Faithorne Sculp:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Edward B. Greene
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | armour | army | baron | beard | collar | curls | gaze | general | knights | man | moustache | nobleman | oval | parliament | portrait | posing | solemn
- Associated People:
- Fairfax, Thomas, 3rd Baron Fairfax (1612 - 1671), General of the Parliamentary army
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Faithorne, ca. 1620–1691, British, Sir Thomas Fairfax, ca. 1646
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.