St. Martin's Church
- Etching and drypoint prints on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 5/16 x 11 11/16 inches (44 x 29.7 cm), Plate: 12 15/16 x 8 15/16 inches (32.8 x 22.7 cm), and Image: 12 1/16 x 8 9/16 inches (30.6 x 21.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "St. Martin's Church. L218"; on back, lower right: "C4719"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Hedley Fitton (underlined); not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- carriages | cars | church | clouds | crowds | figures | genre subject | horses (animals) | lampposts | men | ovals | pediment | shadow | square | steps | street | top hats | walking | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Europe | Greater London | St Martin-in-the-Fields | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.