- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/16 x 15 3/4 inches (18 x 40 cm), Plate: 5 9/16 x 13 1/8 inches (14.2 x 33.4 cm), Image: 5 9/16 x 13 1/8 inches (14.2 x 33.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Villeneuve-les-Avignon 40 proofs"
Marked in blue ink, lower left, stamped: "77402"; impression, lower right: "JAMES CONNELL & SONS, | PUBLISHERS & FINE ART DEALERS,"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "H. Frood-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | bridge (built work) | buildings | fishing | landscape | men | path | river | towers (building divisions) | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Gard | Languedoc-Roussillon | Villeneuve-lès-Avignon
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Hester Gwynne-Evans Frood, 1882–1971, British, Villeneuve-les-Avignon, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.