- Sunset, St. Albans
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, white card
- Sheet: 13 3/16 x 18 3/4 inches (33.5 x 47.7 cm), Plate: 7 x 9 15/16 inches (17.8 x 25.3 cm), and Image: 7 x 9 15/16 inches (17.8 x 25.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "St Albans \6la"; on back, lower left: "a63205"; lower right: "[...]"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Percival Gaskell (underlined)"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | clouds | fields | hills | landscape | pond | reeds | river | skyline | sunset | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hertfordshire | Saint Albans | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Percival Gaskell, 1868–1934, British, Sunset, St. Albans, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.