Schloss von Neuschwanstein
- Additional Title(s):
Castle of Neuschwanstein
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 x 15 13/16 inches (26.4 x 40.1 cm), Plate: 8 13/16 x 10 inches (22.4 x 25.4 cm), and Image: 8 11/16 x 9 7/8 inches (22 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Schloss Neuschwanstein"; on back, lower left: "a5032 | am"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Percival Gaskell (underlined)"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | architectural subject | castle | cliffs | fields | forests | landscape | mountain | rocks (landforms) | spires | towers | trees
- Associated Places:
- Bayern | Europe | Germany | Neuschwanstein, Schloss | Schwaben
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Percival Gaskell, 1868–1934, British, Schloss von Neuschwanstein, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.