IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Percival Gaskell, 1868–1934, British, Twilight in the Firwood, undated
Twilight in the Firwood
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 7 7/8 inches (26.6 x 20 cm), Plate: 7 x 4 15/16 inches (17.8 x 12.6 cm), Image: 6 7/8 x 4 13/16 inches (17.4 x 12.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Twilight in Firwood"; on back, lower left: "14554"
Lettered, lower left inside image: "PGASKELL (c)"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Percival Gaskell"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- antlers | deer | evening | fir, spruce | forest | landscape | night | roots | trunks | twilight | woods
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.