- The Wood on the Hilltop
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 3/4 x 10 5/8 inches (40 x 27 cm), Plate: 8 3/16 x 5 13/16 inches (20.8 x 14.8 cm), and Image: 8 3/16 x 5 13/16 inches (20.8 x 14.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The Word on the Hilltop"; on back, lower left: "18921"
Marked in purple ink, on back, lower left, stamped: "MADE IN ENGLAND"
SIgned in graphite, lower right: "Percival Gaskell (underlined)"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- antlers | deer | forest | herd | hilltop | landscape | trees | woods
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Percival Gaskell, 1868–1934, British, The Wood on the Hilltop, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.