- William Drummond of Hawthorne
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 13/16 x 5 1/16 inches (19.9 x 12.8 cm) and Image: 6 1/16 x 4 11/16 inches (15.4 x 11.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "ix/"; brown ink, lower lefT: "F. Malher | nt."; in graphite, lower right: "Chalen 1er | .184"
Lettered, lower center: "Guilielmus Drummond | de Havthorn~den ~ | R. Gaywood fecit: 1654" (text divided by a coat of arms design)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John Hay Whitney, Yale BA 1926, Yale MA (HON.) 1956, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- author | coats of arms | collar | crest | Frontispiece | gaze | historian | lace | man | oval | poet | portrait | posing | sashes (costume accessories)
- Associated People:
- Drummond, William (1585-1649), historian and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Gaywood, active 1650–1680, William Drummond of Hawthorne, 1654
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.