- On the Slip (Gutting Herrings)
- Woodcut on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 10 7/16 x 8 1/16 inches (26.5 x 20.5 cm) and Image: 6 13/16 x 4 15/16 inches (17.3 x 12.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left under image: "4.25"; lower left: " 'Gutting Herrings' 2 1/2 - 3 9(circled) card 2(circled) 11 x 13 1/2 $"
Lettered, lower left inside image: "R"; lower right inside image: "G"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Robert J Gibbings"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Bequest of Frank Altschul, Yale BA 1908, Yale PhD (HON.) 1967
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | docks | fish | fishing | genre subject | gutting fish | hats | herrings | houses | labor | men | sitting | working
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert John Gibbings, 1889–1958, British, On the Slip (Gutting Herrings), 1923
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.