Coffee House and Mosque Entrance, Cairo
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 13 5/16 inches (24.2 x 33.8 cm) and Plate (to image): 7 3/16 x 10 7/16 inches (18.3 x 26.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Coffee House + Mosque Entrance - Boulag Cairo"
Lettered in brown ink, within image: "R Goff | Cairo"
signed in graphite, lower right: "R. Goff."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baskets | benches | boxes (containers) | children | coffeehouse | genre subject | leisure | market (event) | men | mosque | rose windows | turbans | women
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Al-Qahirah | Cairo | Egypt | Urban
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Charles Goff, 1837–1922, British, Coffee House and Mosque Entrance, Cairo, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.