- Coffee House and Mosque Entrance, Cairo
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 13 5/16 inches (24.2 x 33.8 cm) and Plate: 7 3/16 x 10 7/16 inches (18.3 x 26.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Coffee House + Mosque Entrance - Boulag Cairo"
Lettered in brown ink, within image: "R Goff | Cairo"
signed in graphite, lower right: "R. Goff."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baskets | benches | boxes (containers) | children | coffeehouse | genre subject | leisure | market (event) | men | mosque | rose windows | turbans | women
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Al-Qahirah | Cairo | Egypt | Urban
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Charles Goff, 1837–1922, British, Coffee House and Mosque Entrance, Cairo, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.