IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Stephen Frederick Gooden, 1892–1955, British, The Rider on the Lion, 1924
The Rider on the Lion
- Line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 3/16 x 10 1/8 inches (30.9 x 25.7 cm), Plate: 6 x 6 inches (15.3 x 15.3 cm), Image: 5 15/16 x 5 15/16 inches (15.1 x 15.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "The Rider on the Lion"; lower right: "1930.171 S.30757"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center below image: "Stephen Gooden 1924"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Anonymous Gift, The Frederick Benjamin Kaye Memorial Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | bridge (built work) | circle | city | drapery | hills | historical subject | lake | lion | men | orb | river | toga | trees | trumpet | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.