The Rider on the Lion
- Line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 3/16 x 10 1/8 inches (30.9 x 25.7 cm), Plate (circle): 6 x 6 inches (15.3 x 15.3 cm), and Image (circle): 5 15/16 x 5 15/16 inches (15.1 x 15.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "The Rider on the Lion"; lower right: "1930.171 S.30757"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center below image: "Stephen Gooden 1924"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Anonymous Gift, The Frederick Benjamin Kaye Memorial Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | bridge (built work) | circle | city | drapery | hills | historical subject | lake | lion | men | orb | river | toga | trees | trumpet | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Stephen Frederick Gooden, 1892–1955, British, The Rider on the Lion, 1924
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.