- Additional Title(s):
- Line engraving with etching on thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 5/16 x 8 3/16 inches (18.5 x 20.8 cm), Plate: 4 7/16 x 6 1/8 inches (11.3 x 15.6 cm), Image: 4 3/8 x 6 1/16 inches (11.1 x 15.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Absolom S.19128"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "Stephen Gooden 1923."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection; Gift of Lydia Evans Tunnard
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Absalom, put to flight on a mule, remains hanging by his hair in an oak-tree | branches | falling | fighting | fleeing | forest | horse (animal) | killing | men | mule (mammal) | Old Testament | rebellions | reeds | religious and mythological subject | riding | spear | trees
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.