- Line engraving with etching on thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 5/16 x 8 3/16 inches (18.5 x 20.8 cm), Plate: 4 7/16 x 6 1/8 inches (11.3 x 15.6 cm), and Image: 4 3/8 x 6 1/16 inches (11.1 x 15.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Absolom S.19128"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "Stephen Gooden 1923."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection; Gift of Lydia Evans Tunnard
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Absalom, put to flight on a mule, remains hanging by his hair in an oak-tree | branches | falling | fighting | fleeing | forest | horse (animal) | killing | men | mule (mammal) | Old Testament | rebellions | reeds | religious and mythological subject | riding | spear | trees
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Stephen Frederick Gooden, 1892–1955, British, Absalom, 1923
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.