- Part Of:
- Line engraving and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 x 10 1/8in. (32.1 x 25.7cm), Plate: 2 13/16 x 3 15/16 inches (7.1 x 10 cm), and Image: 2 13/16 x 3 15/16 inches (7.1 x 10 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Headpiece to 'Peronnik the Foot'. the Gargoyle | [...]. 1934"; lower right: "Martin Hardie (underlined)"
Signed and dated in graphite, center right under image: "Stephen Gooden 1933"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection; Gift of Dr. & Mrs. David Mininberg, B.A. 1957
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | city | drain | gargoyle | gutters (building drainage components) | houses | illustration | rain | sculpture | spout | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.