- Drypoint prints on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 13 1/4 inches (24.2 x 33.7 cm), Plate: 7 13/16 x 10 15/16 inches (19.8 x 27.8 cm), and Image: 7 11/16 x 10 7/8 inches (19.6 x 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "XI | c20688"; lower right: "59963 57.20.2"; on back, lower left: "c2688 (underlined) | [...]C-"
Lettered, lower left inside image:"GRAY"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Joseph Gray"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Margaret J. Sharpe for the Richard Sharpe V Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | clouds | lonely | marine art | masts | ocean | sailboat | sails | sea | ship | waves (natural events)
- Associated Places:
- Europe | North Sea
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.