- Drypoint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- 9 1/2 x 13 1/4 inches (24.2 x 33.7 cm), 7 13/16 x 10 15/16 inches (19.8 x 27.8 cm), and 7 11/16 x 10 7/8 inches (19.6 x 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "XI | c20688"; lower right: "59963 57.20.2"; on back, lower left: "c2688 (underlined) | [...]C-"
Lettered, lower left inside image:"GRAY"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Joseph Gray"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Margaret J. Sharpe for the Richard Sharpe V Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | clouds | lonely | marine art | masts | ocean | sailboat | sails | sea | ship | waves (natural events)
- Associated Places:
- Europe | North Sea
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.