On the Thames
- Additional Title(s):
Thames Fishermen, no. 1
Les Pêcheurs de la Tamise
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 12 1/16 x 17 5/16 inches (30.7 x 44 cm), Plate: 5 11/16 x 8 1/2 inches (14.4 x 21.6 cm), Image: 5 11/16 x 8 1/2 inches (14.4 x 21.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Monsieur [?Sargment]. | S. Haden"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "39587"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "11 | 1er état - pointe-sèche."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "(3 states)"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "711"; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back "HM"; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: "HM."
Marked in blue ink, lower right: "HM" stamped in monogram (this is the collector's mark of Howard Mansfield)
Lettered lower left within image: "On the Thames | F S Haden 1859"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banks | birds | boats | distance | fishermen | fishing | fishing rod | genre subject | landscape | reeds | reflections | river | shadows | sporting art | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.