IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Kensington Gardens, no. 1 (small plate), 1859
Kensington Gardens, no. 1 (small plate)
- Former Title(s):
- Additional Title(s):
Lord Harrington's House from Kensington Gardens
L'Habitation de Lord Harrington Vue des Jardins de Kensington
- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on thin, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 x 5 11/16 inches (20.6 x 14.4 cm), Plate: 6 1/4 x 4 5/8 inches (15.9 x 11.7 cm), Image: 6 1/4 x 4 5/8 inches (15.9 x 11.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R 2009 N"
Lettered lower left to lower right within image: "Kensington | Seymour Haden 1859 Kensing[...] Gardens"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Leonard C. Hanna, B.A. 1910
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | building | chimneys | cityscape | garden | grass | hedge | house | landscape | lawn | palace | path | shadows | trees | turret | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hyde Park | Kensington | Kensington Gardens | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.