Kensington Gardens, no. 1 (small plate)
- Former Title(s):
- Additional Title(s):
Lord Harrington's House from Kensington Gardens
L'Habitation de Lord Harrington Vue des Jardins de Kensington
- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on thin, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 x 5 11/16 inches (20.6 x 14.4 cm), Plate: 6 1/4 x 4 5/8 inches (15.9 x 11.7 cm), and Image: 6 1/4 x 4 5/8 inches (15.9 x 11.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R 2009 N"
Lettered lower left to lower right within image: "Kensington | Seymour Haden 1859 Kensing[...] Gardens"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Leonard C. Hanna, B.A. 1910
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | building | chimneys | cityscape | garden | grass | hedge | house | landscape | lawn | palace | path | shadows | trees | turret | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hyde Park | Kensington | Kensington Gardens | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Kensington Gardens, no. 1 (small plate), 1859
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.