- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 x 10 inches (18.7 x 25.4 cm), Plate: 5 1/16 x 7 15/16 inches (12.8 x 20.2 cm), and Image: 5 1/16 x 7 15/16 inches (12.8 x 20.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left below image: "[?P]. 14."; inscribed in graphite in Francis Seymour Haden's hand, lower left: "Printed by Delatre" (partially underlined); inscribed in graphite, lower left: "(Seymour Haden's writing.)"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "Egham. | 2d state | [?Har]"
Watermarked, center: "K FR"
Lettered lower left within image: "F S Haden 1859."; lettered lower right within image (in reverse): "Egham"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden" (partially underlined); not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Stanley J. Halle, Yale BA 1912, in memory of His Parents Jacques S. and Hattie S. Halle, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banks | birds | boats | dinghies | jetty (building division) | landscape | mooring | posts | reeds | reflections | river | sky | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- Egham | England | Europe | Surrey | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Egham, 1859
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.