Fulham on the Thames
- Former Title(s):
- Additional Title(s):
Fulham Church and Putney Bridge
Vue de la Tamise
Fulham, sur la Tamise
Le Village de Fulham
- Part Of:
- after 1858
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 x 16 7/8 inches (29.9 x 42.8 cm), Plate: 4 7/16 x 10 7/8 inches (11.2 x 27.7 cm), and Image: 4 7/16 x 10 7/8 inches (11.2 x 27.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "21"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "68638"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "CX/2"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "57.20.10"'; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: ": E [?I]"; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: "[?C20678]"
Marked in gray ink, lower left below image: "YB" stamped in monogram (this is the collector's mark of Alfred Beurdeley); blindstamped, lower center: "A. CADART & CHEVALIER | EDITEURS | 66, R. RICHELIEU"; watermarked, upper center: design which incorporates a fleur-de-lis
Lettered upper right within image: "18"; lettered lower center within image: "Fulham on the Thames"; lettered lower left to lower right within image: "S. Haden sculpt. | Imp. Delâtre, Rue St. Jacques. 303, Paris. | Paris, Publie par A. CADART & F. CHEVALIER, Éditeurs, Rue Richelieu, 66. | VUE DE LA TAMISE."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Dr. M.J. Sharpe for the Richard Sharpe V, B.S. 1873, Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | banks | boats | bridge (built work) | church | cityscape | houses | landscape | reflections | river | sails | smoke | tower (building division) | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Fulham | Greater London | Thames | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Fulham on the Thames, after 1858
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.