On the Test
- Additional Title(s):
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, smooth, cream Asian paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 9 5/16 x 12 15/16 inches (23.7 x 32.8 cm), Plate: 5 7/8 x 8 7/8 inches (15 x 22.5 cm), and Image: 5 7/8 x 8 7/8 inches (15 x 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "19"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "B5063-300"; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: "E290"
Marked in blue ink, lower left on back: "HM" stamped in monogram (this is the collector's mark of Howard Mansfield)
Lettered lower right within image: "Seymour Haden"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden."; dated in graphite, lower left below image: "[?Mar]. 5. 1878"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | banks | bridge (built work) | buildings | clouds | cottages | landscape | river | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hampshire | Romsey | Test | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.