On the Test
- Additional Title(s):
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, smooth, cream Asian paper with cream chine collé
- 9 5/16 x 12 15/16 inches (23.7 x 32.8 cm), 5 7/8 x 8 7/8 inches (15 x 22.5 cm), and 5 7/8 x 8 7/8 inches (15 x 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "19"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "B5063-300"; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: "E290"
Marked in blue ink, lower left on back: "HM" stamped in monogram (this is the collector's mark of Howard Mansfield)
Lettered lower right within image: "Seymour Haden"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden."; dated in graphite, lower left below image: "[?Mar]. 5. 1878"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | banks | birds | bridge (built work) | buildings | clouds | cottages | landscape | reeds | river | sheep | sky | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hampshire | Romsey | Test | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.