A Water Meadow
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, slightly textured, cream antique laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/16 x 11 5/8 inches (20.4 x 29.6 cm), Plate: 5 13/16 x 8 7/8 inches (14.8 x 22.6 cm), and Image: 5 13/16 x 8 7/8 inches (14.8 x 22.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "250"; inscribed in graphite, upper left on back, written vertically downwards: "[?P] 20"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back, written diagonally upwards: "Water Meadow | 30 [?2]"; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: "a47216 | OX -" ("a47216" underlined); inscribed in graphite, lower center on back: "54303"
Watermarked, center: "[...] | [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Allen Evarts Foster, B.A. 1906
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape | meadow | reeds | reflections | sky | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hampshire | Romsey | Test | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.