- The Lark at Heaven's Gate Sings
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on thin, slightly textured, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 5 13/16 x 11 5/8 inches (14.7 x 29.6 cm), Plate: 4 7/16 x 10 13/16 inches (11.3 x 27.5 cm), and Image: 4 7/16 x 10 13/16 inches (11.3 x 27.5 cm)
Lettered lower left within image: "F S Haden 1859"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden" (partially underlined); not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- distance | landscape | morning | park (grounds) | path | shadows | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | Richmond | Richmond Park | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, The Lark at Heaven's Gate Sings, 1859
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.