IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, The Lark at Heaven's Gate Sings, 1859
The Lark at Heaven's Gate Sings
- Additional Title(s):
Early Morning, Richmond
Richmond, July 13, 1859
Une Terrasse, dans le Parc de Richmond
- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 x 12 1/8 inches (14.9 x 30.8 cm), Plate: 4 7/16 x 10 7/8 inches (11.2 x 27.7 cm), Image: 4 7/16 x 10 7/8 inches (11.2 x 27.7 cm)
Watermarked, lower center to upper center: "VAN GELDER"
Lettered lower right within image (on tree): "To Dasha"; lettered lower left within image: "The Lark at Heaven's Gate Sings"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bird | distance | landscape | morning | park (grounds) | path | shadows | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | Richmond | Richmond Park | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.