- The Lark at Heaven's Gate Sings
- Etching, retouched with graphite on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with blued white chine collé
- Sheet: 11 x 16 3/16 inches (27.9 x 41.1 cm), Plate: 4 7/16 x 10 15/16 inches (11.2 x 27.8 cm), and Image: 4 7/16 x 10 15/16 inches (11.2 x 27.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite in Francis Seymour Haden's hand, lower right below image: "Richmond." (this accompanies the date); inscribed in graphite, lower left: "a [?2806]"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "[?19511].16.12"
Marked in blue ink, lower right: "HM" stamped in monogram (this is the collector's mark of Howard Mansfield)
Signed in graphite, lower left below image: "Seymour Haden" (partially underlined); dated in graphite, lower right below image: "July. 13. 1859."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- distance | landscape | morning | park (grounds) | path | shadows | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | Richmond | Richmond Park | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, The Lark at Heaven's Gate Sings, 1859
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.