IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Kidwelly Castle, 1859
- Additional Title(s):
Le Château de Kidwelly
- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 7/8 x 6 inches (9.8 x 15.2 cm), Plate: 3 3/4 x 5 7/8 inches (9.5 x 15 cm), Image: 3 3/4 x 5 7/8 inches (9.5 x 15 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: "C 20057"
Watermark; collector's mark: "BY" (this is the collector's mark of Alfred Beurdeley)
Lettered lower left within image: "Seymour Haden"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Dr. M.J. Sharpe for the Richard Sharpe V, B.S. 1873, Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | castle | cityscape | figures | hills | houses | landscape | people | river | tower (building division) | town | trees
- Associated Places:
- Carmarthenshire | Cymru | Europe | Kidwelly | Kidwelly Castle | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.