- Kidwelly Castle
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 7/8 x 6 inches (9.8 x 15.2 cm), Plate: 3 3/4 x 5 7/8 inches (9.5 x 15 cm), and Image: 3 3/4 x 5 7/8 inches (9.5 x 15 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: "C 20057"
Watermark; collector's mark: "BY" (this is the collector's mark of Alfred Beurdeley)
Lettered lower left within image: "Seymour Haden"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Dr. M.J. Sharpe for the Richard Sharpe V, B.S. 1873, Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | castle | cityscape | figures | hills | houses | landscape | people | river | tower (building division) | town | trees
- Associated Places:
- Carmarthenshire | Cymru | Europe | Kidwelly | Kidwelly Castle | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Kidwelly Castle, 1859
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.