- A Byroad in Tipperary
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 x 15 5/8 inches (30.8 x 39.7 cm), Plate: 7 7/16 x 11 3/16 inches (18.9 x 28.4 cm), and Image: 7 7/16 x 11 3/16 inches (18.9 x 28.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left to lower center: "H 30 I. Byroad in Tipperary ."; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "C6766 | 47- 39 [?faible] | [...] [?amcaux]"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "AK 35412"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "[...] [...]"
Marked in black ink, center on back: "E.G.K." stamped (this is a collector's mark of Edward G Kennedy)
Lettered lower left within image: "Seymour Haden 1860"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- branches | cart | landscape | leaves | light | road | shade | shadows | track | trees | trunks | wagon
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Ireland | Tipperary
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, A Byroad in Tipperary, 1860
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.