The Two Asses
- Additional Title(s):
The Two Donkeys
Les Deux Ânes
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 11/16 x 5 3/8 inches (22.1 x 13.7 cm), Plate: 5 15/16 x 3 3/8 inches (15.1 x 8.5 cm), and Image: 5 15/16 x 3 3/8 inches (15.1 x 8.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right: "1"; inscribed in graphite, lower left to lower center: "D. 43. H 50 I | The Two Asses."; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "C.188"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "1" (encircled); inscribed in graphite, lower center: "<32>"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "(XX108)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back, written upside down: "1965.118.9"
Marked in black ink, center on back, stamped upside down: "B" stamped within a cube shape (this is the collector's mark of Gordon A Block)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | donkeys | foliage | landscape | leaves | light | shadows | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Ireland | Tipperary
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.