The Two Asses
- Additional Title(s):
The Two Donkeys
Les Deux Ânes
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 8 11/16 x 5 3/8 inches (22.1 x 13.7 cm), 5 15/16 x 3 3/8 inches (15.1 x 8.5 cm), and 5 15/16 x 3 3/8 inches (15.1 x 8.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right: "1"; inscribed in graphite, lower left to lower center: "D. 43. H 50 I | The Two Asses."; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "C.188"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "1" (encircled); inscribed in graphite, lower center: "<32>"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "(XX108)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back, written upside down: "1965.118.9"
Marked in black ink, center on back, stamped upside down: "B" stamped within a cube shape (this is the collector's mark of Gordon A Block)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | donkeys | foliage | landscape | leaves | light | shadows | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Ireland | Tipperary
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.