- The Two Asses
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 7 1/8 inches (26.7 x 18.1 cm), Plate: 6 x 3 5/16 inches (15.2 x 8.4 cm), and Image: 6 x 3 5/16 inches (15.2 x 8.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "1965.33.616"
Lettered lower left to lower right within image: "This plate is a part of the square one wh. follows it. Both | were drawn and bitten under the Mordant and afterwards | cut. The balance wd. have been better preserved if the | division had not been made, and if this white space | had been filled in with strong work as intended. | S. H"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Allen Evarts Foster, B.A. 1906
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | donkeys | foliage | landscape | leaves | light | shadows | text | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Ireland | Tipperary
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, The Two Asses, 1863
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.