Sunset in Ireland
- Additional Title(s):
A Sunset in Tipperary
Rivière dans un Parc Irlandais
Coucher du Soleil dans un Parc, en Irlande
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream antique laid paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 x 13 1/16 inches (22.2 x 33.2 cm), Plate: 5 1/2 x 8 7/16 inches (13.9 x 21.5 cm), Image: 5 1/2 x 8 7/16 inches (13.9 x 21.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Sunset in Ireland, - beautiful rich proof."
Marked in black ink, lower right: "THE FINE ART | SOCIETY | NEW BOND ST." stamped, with the text arranged in three lines around a lozenge shape
Lettered lower left within image: "Seymour Haden 1863"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banks | birds | country house | foliage | grass | landscape | park (grounds) | reeds | river | sunset | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Ireland | Tipperary
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Sunset in Ireland, 1863
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.