- Battersea Reach
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 x 9 13/16 inches (18.4 x 24.9 cm), Plate: 5 15/16 x 8 7/8 inches (15.1 x 22.5 cm), and Image: 5 15/16 x 8 7/8 inches (15.1 x 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R178 P"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "90"
Lettered upper right within image: "Battersea Reach Seymour Haden."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Leonard C. Hanna Jr., BA 1910
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | banks | barge | boats | bridge (built work) | buildings | cat | chimneys | city | cityscape | genre subject | hot air balloon | masts | men | railroad | railway | river | rooftops | sailing | sails | smoke
- Associated Places:
- Battersea | Chelsea | England | Europe | London | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Battersea Reach, 1863
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.