- Battersea Reach
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on thin, slightly textured, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 x 10 3/8 inches (19 x 26.3 cm), Plate: 6 x 9 inches (15.2 x 22.8 cm), and Image: 6 x 9 inches (15.2 x 22.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "4 301" (encircled); inscribed in graphite, lower right: "532 | VJ" (partially underlined); inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "OX."
Marked in blue ink, lower left on back: "AFLB" stamped in monogram (this is the collector's mark of Alphonse-François Lotz-Brissonneau)
Lettered upper right within image: "Battersea Reach Seymour Haden."
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden" (partially underlined); not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Bequest of Thomas W. Farnam, B.A. 1899
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | banks | barge | boats | bridge (built work) | buildings | cat | chimneys | city | cityscape | genre subject | hot air balloon | masts | men | railroad | railway | river | rooftops | sailing | sails | smoke
- Associated Places:
- Battersea | Chelsea | England | Europe | London | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Battersea Reach, 1863
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.