- Whistler's House at Old Chelsea
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 15/16 x 13 7/8 inches (20.1 x 35.2 cm), Plate: 6 15/16 x 13 1/8 inches (17.7 x 33.3 cm), and Image: 6 15/16 x 13 1/8 inches (17.7 x 33.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R173P"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "135"
Watermarked, upper center (cut off edge of sheet): "4 | L V G"
Lettered lower left within image: "Whistler's House at Old Chelsea Seymour Haden [?fr.] [?an]. 1863." (partially underlined)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Leonard C. Hanna Jr., BA 1910
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boats | bridge (built work) | children | cityscape | fishing | genre subject | harbour | houses | masts | mooring | oars | people | river | rocks (landforms) | rods | rowing | shore (landform) | smoke | trees
- Associated Places:
- Chelsea | England | Europe | London | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Whistler's House at Old Chelsea, 1863
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.