IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Whistler's House at Old Chelsea, 1863
Whistler's House at Old Chelsea
- Former Title(s):
Whistler's House, Chelsea
- Additional Title(s):
Le Faubourg de Vieux-Chelsea
À Old Chelsea
- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 15/16 x 13 7/8 inches (20.1 x 35.2 cm), Plate: 6 15/16 x 13 1/8 inches (17.7 x 33.3 cm), Image: 6 15/16 x 13 1/8 inches (17.7 x 33.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R173P"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "135"
Watermarked, upper center (cut off edge of sheet): "4 | L V G"
Lettered lower left within image: "Whistler's House at Old Chelsea Seymour Haden [?fr.] [?an]. 1863." (partially underlined)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Leonard C. Hanna Jr., BA 1910
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boats | bridge (built work) | children | cityscape | fishing | genre subject | harbour | houses | masts | mooring | oars | people | river | rocks (landforms) | rods | rowing | shore (landform) | smoke | trees
- Associated Places:
- Chelsea | England | Europe | London | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Whistler in Paris, London and Venice (Yale University Art Gallery, 2015-01-30 - 2015-07-15) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.