Thomas Haden of Derby
- Former Title(s):
Thomas Haden of Derby, 1778
- Additional Title(s):
Thomas Haden, after Wright of Derby
Edwin the Minstrel
Thomas Haden, d'après Wright de Derby
Portrait de Thomas Haden
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream antique laid paper
- Sheet: 16 5/8 x 11 5/16 inches (42.2 x 28.7 cm), Plate: 13 7/8 x 9 3/8 inches (35.2 x 23.8 cm), and Image: 13 7/8 x 9 3/8 inches (35.2 x 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R 1196 P"
Watermarked, center: "IHS | IVILLEDARY"
Lettered upper left within image: "Seymour Haden 1864"; lettered center left within image: "Thomas Haden | from a large picture by Wright | of Derby in the possession | of the Right Hon. | Lord Houghton"; lettered lower left within image: "Thomas Haden of Derby | .1778."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Leonard C. Hanna Jr., BA 1910
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- breeches | cape | chemise | cloak | man | portrait | shirt
- Associated People:
- Joseph Wright of Derby
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Thomas Haden of Derby, 1864
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.