Thomas Haden of Derby
- Former Title(s):
Thomas Haden of Derby, 1778
- Additional Title(s):
Thomas Haden, after Wright of Derby
Edwin the Minstrel
Thomas Haden, d'après Wright de Derby
Portrait de Thomas Haden
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream antique laid paper
- 16 5/8 x 11 5/16 inches (42.2 x 28.7 cm), 13 7/8 x 9 3/8 inches (35.2 x 23.8 cm), and 13 7/8 x 9 3/8 inches (35.2 x 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R 1196 P"
Watermarked, center: "IHS | IVILLEDARY"
Lettered upper left within image: "Seymour Haden 1864"; lettered center left within image: "Thomas Haden | from a large picture by Wright | of Derby in the possession | of the Right Hon. | Lord Houghton"; lettered lower left within image: "Thomas Haden of Derby | .1778."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Leonard C. Hanna Jr., BA 1910
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- breeches | cape | chemise | cloak | gaze | long hair | man | portrait | shirt | sitting | thoughtful
- Associated People:
- Joseph Wright of Derby
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Thomas Haden of Derby, 1864